Time to give out WC wildcards?

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Azitis
Feather Flights

Re: Time to give out WC wildcards?

Post by Azitis »

i dont think any wildcards should be given out. especially in ranked events. non ranked maybe, but any ranked events, places should be "earned". end of.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Azitis wrote:i dont think any wildcards should be given out. especially in ranked events. non ranked maybe, but any ranked events, places should be "earned". end of.
You mean like Carl Mercer?
Big Jock Knew
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

pro golfers on the European tour struggling to maintain their tour card do not make money believe me
AS per past champs....a no goer as far as i am concerned..if they can qualify on merit then fine but sport should be about the present and notthe past...it is great to look back on past champs and honour their achievements but they shouldn't take the place of a current player unless they actually merit it
And Tony David...even if health allows i think you have got more chance of seeing Martin Adams line up at Ally Pally than Tony David...
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

trotter wrote:pro golfers on the European tour struggling to maintain their tour card do not make money believe me
AS per past champs....a no goer as far as i am concerned..if they can qualify on merit then fine but sport should be about the present and notthe past...it is great to look back on past champs and honour their achievements but they shouldn't take the place of a current player unless they actually merit it
And Tony David...even if health allows i think you have got more chance of seeing Martin Adams line up at Ally Pally than Tony David...
Why's that then?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Lee Taylor wrote:
trotter wrote:pro golfers on the European tour struggling to maintain their tour card do not make money believe me
Why's that then?
Indeed, I think someone has forgotten there are 2 World Championships!
Big Jock Knew
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

Bradders wrote:
Lee Taylor wrote:
Why's that then?
Indeed, I think someone has forgotten there are 2 World Championships!
Indeed
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

i thought the question was for Barry Hearn to give ALL world champions a prelim spot at Ally Pally....i do realise there are 2 championships :D

i was just pointing out that Tony David's stance is even more pro BDO than Martin Adams and there would be no chance of him accepting a wildcard in the PDC under any circumstances ( in my opinion )
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

trotter wrote:i thought the question was for Barry Hearn to give ALL world champions a prelim spot at Ally Pally....i do realise there are 2 championships :D

i was just pointing out that Tony David's stance is even more pro BDO than Martin Adams and there would be no chance of him accepting a wildcard in the PDC under any circumstances ( in my opinion )

I wasn't aware of this, care to elaborate?